Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Third Time's The Charm?

To steal a line from Amy Adams' character in the film Julie and Julia I have this to say, "I could write a blog. I have thoughts." One question probably comes to your mind: Why the hell would I read this blog from a guy who quoted a chick flick about cooking in his first post? Well, to answer the first part, I hope that my posts will be enjoyable, enlightening, and insightful. If I can make you laugh, think, or discover something new, then I think I've done my job. For the second part, I have no shame in the movies I see, unless they suck. I happened to see Julie and Julia with a nice young woman on a date. We had a lovely time, and I enjoyed the film, thank you very much. Also, I should explain my interest in film could be deemed psychotic by some, so I would have more than likely seen the Julie and Julia at some point.

Anyway, I've tried the blogging thing in the past and it never quite stuck. What I hope will help this blog last is that it won't be just about movies, although that will be a big part of it. My idea behind the title "Printed Visuals" is that this is a blog about everything I "see". I plan to blog about varying degrees of topics, from movies and other entertainment, to sports and news, and my life in general. My only disclaimer: don't be surprised if most of the postings relate to movies. Like I said, I love them, and love writing about them even more.

So for now, what can you look forward to? I've got a few good true life stories I've been wanting to share with people for some time, so stay tuned for those. Also, my top ten films of 2010, thoughts on the Oscar race, why I think you should totally use the library, if you don't already, and my thoughts on everything going on in the sports and entertainment world. Which, lately, has been quite a lot. Oh, and also my thoughts on this "Watson" thingy on "Jeopardy!".

Keep in mind as well the blog is still very much under construction. I'm liking the idea of pages, but am not quite sure how I want to utilize them just yet, so for now, my posts will be here on the main page. Be sure to check back tomorrow for one of the strangest stories I may ever share, and yes, it did really happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment